Dr. Sathya Medanaga at Meda Dental in Naperville and Lisle, IL offers her patients with bridges and crowns. Dental crowns and bridges can restore your smile, even if it is badly damaged from decay or trauma.
Bridges are used to replace missing teeth. They can restore your smile and your self-confidence by giving you a great-looking smile people will notice. Unlike partials, you never remove a dental bridge because it’s permanently cemented onto the adjacent teeth.
You should consider dental bridges if you:
- Are missing one or more teeth
- Want to enjoy a full, beautiful, natural-looking smile
- Want to restore your full chewing function
- Want the convenience of permanent tooth replacement that you don’t have to remove
Dental crowns cover the entire visible surfaces of your teeth above the gumline. They protect your teeth from strong pressure and force when you chew, preventing breakage and loss of tooth structure. Crowns can also make your smile more beautiful. Porcelain is a popular crown material that reflects light, making it virtually identical to tooth enamel. You can also choose porcelain-fused-to-metal, known as a PFM crown. PFM crowns combine the cosmetic beauty of porcelain with a metal underlay for added strength.
You should consider dental crowns if your teeth are:
- Broken, fractured, or cracked from dental trauma
- Badly decayed, with significant loss of tooth structure
Caring for Your Smile
Here are some tips on how to care for crowns and bridges:
- Brush twice a day using a soft-bristled brush in circular motion.
- Floss at least once before bed.
- Visit our family dentist twice a year for biannual dental cleanings.
If you have any questions about crowns and bridges, make sure you contact our Naperville and Lisle, IL, dentist, Dr. Sathya Medanaga today. Call (630) 416-8080 for the Lisle office, or (630) 352-4141 for the Naperville location.